Monday

PCM Buzzworthy Artist: Marykate O'Neil


Singer-songwriter Marykate O'Neil will drop her fourth solo release Underground February 3rd on Nettwerk/71 Recordings. Hey, that's tomorrow! PCM loves letting our readers know about artists that may not be on the Top 40 radio charts! The release is an eleven song album. We caught up with Marykate and she told us about upcoming touring plans and more! Be sure to visit her official page to get more info on this artist!

"I'm going to do an east coast tour to coincide with the release in February! I'm hoping to do some west coast shows in April, too," said Marykate.

To get to know Marykate a little bit more, check out her answers to some of the questions we asked her:

On where she sees the future of music heading and where she sees herself in that picture: "I think it's headed it a good direction, it's going back to the artists again. It's outside of the industry again and I think when that happens, music gets better. People are doing their own thing and labels don't matter so much anymore. That's a really great thing for music."

On how she describes her sound to a first time listener: "I think it's songwriter-y pop, it's melodic."

On her song writing process: "I wish I did have a formula for what comes first, it would be easy then cause I could stick to it! Ha! I do whatever I can find inspiration from first. Sometimes when I do a co-write, I work with however that person likes to write, you know?"

On who she would have loved to share the stage with: " Oh man, that's a good question. I think being on The Monkees and Jimi Hendrix tour would have been cool!"