Wednesday

Whip It Out Wednesday: Willie The Parrot

Stories like these put a rainbow in my otherwise cold, black heart...

Meet Willie the Parrot. His owner, Meagan, was baby-sitting two-year-old Hannah, when Hannah began choking on a Pop-Tart (I know, I wondered how too...).

Willie the Parrot, upon seeing this, starting flapping his wings and repeating, "Mama! Baby!" over and over again.

"While I was in the bathroom, Willie (the parrot) started screaming like I'd never heard him scream before and he started flapping his wings," said Meagan. "Then he started saying 'mama baby' over and over and over again until I came out and looked at Hannah and Hannah's face was turning blue because she was choking on her pop tart."

Fortunately, Meagan was able to rescue the toddler using the Heimlich maneuver.

"If anything happened to her, I don't know what I would do," said Samantha Kuusk, Hannah's mother. "I'm very grateful for the both of them because they both saved her."