Wednesday

Patrick Swayze's Fight For Life


Patrick Swayze may be dying, but he is not going without a fight. Remember Dalton in Roadhouse? Smart and strong? Swayze embodies his character in real life too with action, not bravado.


In his recent interview with Barbara Walters on ABC he revealed that not only is he not on his deathbed (which we all at PCM have been reporting), he has gone as far as to refuse pain killers while working a hard work schedule (TV Series "The Beast") on top of his pancreatic cancer treatment.


He is quick to report he is not dying. Not now. "Am I dying? Am I giving up? Am I on my death bed? Am I saying goodbye to people? No way," he told Barbara Walters.


He is clear on his passion to live too: "I keep dreaming of a future, a future with a long and healthy life, not lived in the shadow of cancer but in the light," he said. Despite his positive outlook on life, he admits he may only have two years to live. He wants to live long enough to find a cure. Many have reached out to Swayze suggesting he can go for a liver transplant which could extend his life by 18 years.